Note: version française à venir ; les groupes seront organisés dans les 2 langues
MasterMind groups probably are the most effective means to boost one’s development, professionally or personally. The concept was coined back in 1925 by famous author Napoleon Hill. He defines it as « the coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony.” Cooperation among likeminded individuals was identified as one of the key explanatory factors of the success of prominent business leaders such as Henry Ford, Charles Schwab and John D. Rockefeller. Today, many prominent business leaders and world renowned coaches are active members of MasterMind groups, and Jack Canfield, the author of the Success Principles, is one of them.
A mastermind group is designed to help you pursue your goals, address challenges, overcome hurdles, using the collective intelligence of and support from others. How does a mastermind group work? Likeminded individuals meet regularly, according to specific format, usually with the guidance of a facilitator, to help each other, give advice, share connections. The key is that people help each other, in a positive atmosphere, with the shared objective that everyone in the group succeeds. What has been learned, over the 100 years or so since the concept was developed, is that highly successful people tend to be active members of a MasterMind group, sometimes even of several groups. Joining a MasterMind group is not a prerequisite for success, but it really helps a lot!
So what will you get out of your participation in a MasterMind group?
– Finding new ideas, new solutions, thanks to the brainstorming with the group
– Learning from the experience and skills of others, including the coach / facilitator
– Gaining confidence in your decisions to help you achieving your goals
– Getting advice about how to best learn new skills — through fast track learning
– Access to new networks of people, opening new horizons, new opportunities
– A sense of value, that people care about you, your profession, your business, your goals
– A sense of sharing, that you are not alone – yes, other people want you to progress
– Accountability: you will report to the group your progress towards your goals and feel accountable to it
– Self-confidence: joining the group will boost your everyday confidence and positive mental attitude
In order to maximize the effectiveness, the performance of the MasterMind groups, we intend to form several groups, with different areas of emphasis. Remember, the MasterMind framework virtually operates for any area of personal or professional development, so let us know your specific needs and you will do our best to accommodate you.
The areas of emphasis identified at this point are:
1. Personal Development MasterMind: this is all about life goals, about getting a support group to help you moving towards your goals, and to regularly benefit from the collective intelligence, the collective wisdom of the group. You will dramatically increase your likelihood of success by joining. And you will meet likeminded people too.
2. Business Performance MasterMind: business development, entrepreneurship is tough on ourselves, and we feel often on our own to make key decisions; so why not joining forces with like-minded business people who, instead of competing, help each other to achieve success?
3. Digital Nomadism MasterMind: digital nomadism is a great lifestyle, but it’s also a challenging one, so learning from others, sharing experiences, will help you make the most of the lifestyle, and live it even more fully – this MasterMind will of course be offered both in person and via videoconference, for those on their nomadic journey.
4. Social Media MasterMind: geared towards professionals in communications and social media, you will not only talk about clicks, conversion rates and email lists, but also about the bigger picture: how to grow your business, to become more efficient, to establish systems. You will also learn about latest developments, through sharing within the group.
5. Public Speaking MasterMind: when you speak in public, you often realize that you need to fix certain things, to enhance certain skills. Yet, you may not have time for a formal course or a program such as Toastmasters. This MasterMind group will provide you a fast track towards improving key skills, including speech writing, usage of PowerPoint, stress management, interaction with the audience and speech/presentation delivery.
6. Sports and Wellness MasterMind: geared towards athletes and professionals in sports and wellness, the group intends to provide a support network, to help sharing experiences, learning new tools, and also becoming new leaders, new role models, in sports and wellness.
The information session will provide you more background about MasterMind groups, how they operate and how you can benefit from joining. There will be ample time for Q&As. The session is free of charge.
Expected frequency of the MasterMind group meetings: 8 times until the end of the year: in March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December.
Format of the sessions: typically of 1:30 hour, at 7 pm in evenings, on an agreed upon day, or on a Saturday, for example at 9 am. Different schedules can be agreed upon by the group.
Size of the MasterMind groups: between six and ten people + the facilitator.
Meeting place: the conference / workshop room of Café Imagine, 16 Rachel E., Montreal – with also some online sessions.
Fee: Introductory fee of 200$ for 4 sessions (tax deductible for most professionals). Note that in the business world, it’s not uncommon to pay several hundreds of dollars per session, so this fee is very reasonable.
We have developed an online questionnaire which you invite you to fill out, so we already figure out the topics you would be most interested in, and also when you are typically available to attend.
Questionnaire – kindly submit it prior to the information session, so that we can best address the needs of everyone. http://cafeimagine.ca/mastermind-questionnaire/
Note: such MasterMind groups can also be implemented within corporations. Kindly contact us if you would like to discuss this in regard to your own corporation.
About the Facilitator
The MasterMind groups are facilitated by Jean-Pierre Kiekens, author, speaker, who is trained by Jack Canfield for conducting workshops on the principles of success as well as facilitating MasterMind groups, as part of a course in human potential training he followed in the United States. Jean-Pierre is an engineer and economist by training, and has been a university lecturer for several years. He also holds the highest distinction in communications and leadership from Toastmasters International. He is a graduate of the Universities of Brussels and Oxford. Jean-Pierre has many passions, including sustainable food, healthy living and sustainable development. He is the father of two children. One of his hobbies is competitive sailing. Originally from Belgium, he has been in Canada for some twenty years.